About Branch Banking:
With branches spread across the country, the branches act as the face of Axis Bank for millions of retail customers and is, hence, an integral part of the Bank's strategy. Branches play a major role in deposit mobilization from New-To-Bank (NTB) customers, and are also core drivers of the Bank's customer engagement strategy across products and services
About the Role:
The Branch Head (BH) is responsible for coordinating and overseeing all branch operations and implementing strategies to increase productivity and performance levels in order to achieve the branch's financial targets. They are responsible for ensuring the smooth functioning of the branch and its compliance with the rules and regulations. They should maintain good relations with the key account holders of the Bank to ensure deepening of accounts and thus generating revenue
- Ensure efficient daily operation of a branch, including lending, product sales and customer service in accordance with the bank's objectives
- Prepare the plan for the growth of branch business in consultation with the Cluster Head
- Implement the plan through the Branch team so as to achieve the top line goals
- Establish and strengthen relations with key customers (e.g. top 10%) to generate sustained business.
- Review daily/ periodic reports (e.g. overdrawn accounts, temporary overdrafts, cash retention limit, office accounts, etc.) and take proactive action to ensure profitable and ethical business.
- Ensure audit related deliverables, both internal and external are met as per the prescribed norms
- Ensure compliance with due processes and guidelines
- Create a performance oriented environment leading to high employee motivation and productivity
- Ensure that all staff are adequately trained on the products of the bank, sales processes and various policies of the bank
- Resolve, report any disruptions (e.g. strike or local disturbance) and take appropriate action to ensure that the branch operations are run smoothly.
- Liaison with the cluster office and other branch offices to ensure the smooth management of operations and the achievement of overall business goals.
- Ensure proper upkeep of branch premises and assets including safety and security
Optimal qualification for success on the job is:
- Graduate/ MBA (Marketing) preferred from a recognized institute
- NCFM and AMFI Certifications
- 10-15 years of experience in the BFSI sector
For successful execution of the job, the candidate should possess the following:
- Knowledge of banking products and services
- Knowledge of regulatory guidelines and norms
- Good communication (both verbal and written) skill in both English and the local language
- Ability to manage complex client situations
- Ability to manage risk and uncertainty for self and team within a dynamic priority-setting environment
- Ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines