System Administrators are the gatekeepers to the many systems that run our company and our clients. As a System Admin with IBM, you will have the opportunity to provide high-value IT services and leverage our leading-edge technology portfolio in our global network. Your work has a direct impact on the day-to-day productivity of our business by ensuring integrity of, and access to, our most important resource: data.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Unix Systems Administrator, you would be a part of SME group (L3). Be involved in managing end to end Infrastructure support (Linux), server build and decommissions and Storage Migrations (SAN/NAS)
- Implementing proactive measurements with Ansible automation
- Regular connects with customer and other stake holders
- Participating in technical reviews with customer
- Implementing critical changes in production environment
- Should be a part of Root cause analysis discussions along with application teams and customer.
- Providing technical guidance for junior resources
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum of 6 plus year of experience in IT Industry
- Experience in troubleshooting capabilities on RedHat / SUSE Linux and Azure infrastructure.
- Good working experience on VMWare/ESX environment
- Hands on experience in server build and decommissions
- Experience in supporting HANA & SAP landscape on IBM HW and SW components issues
- Troubleshoot Process, memory, LVM and Disk related issues
- Good knowledge on protocols such as DNS, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP and SNMP.
- Experience on performance tuning & system hardening
- Good Knowledge on Security vulnerability adversaries
- Troubleshoot and analyse the root cause of reboot and performance related problems.
- Experience on satellite and capsule server management and Network Management
- Hands on experience on HANA Appliance specific network topology
- Hands on experience on IBM GPFS
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Good Knowledge of ITIL process and certifications are added advantage
- Partner with IT teams during project pursuit for solution design, resource planning and cost estimations
- Demonstration ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to collaborate with teams across multiple geographies
- Perform on-call duties as required
- Ability to work in flexible hours based on varying business requirements
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to independently plan and manage deliverables
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.Apply for this job