Apply for this jobJob Title: Senior Principal Software Engineer - IT (I9) - Cloud / Microservices Architecture
Dell IT Overview:
Dell creates technology solutions for a changing world. Our Information Technology (IT) Architecture team translates our customers' business requirements into total enterprise-wide solutions. It takes deep technical knowledge to create architectural designs that exceed service requirements. We're skilled in analyzing the customer's business goals, objectives, needs and general business environment to create technical system solutions. Our expertise includes integrating hardware, processes, methodologies and software into the customer environment.
About Business Unit:
Dell's Global Ops Organization is hiring Senior Principal Software Engineer who is primarily a Cloud/microservices expert who can provide solutions and help in implementation using appropriate Cloud technologies such as Spring Boot/PCF. Global Ops Organization caters to the Software Engineering needs of Dell's manufacturing.
- Analyzes business requirements/processes and system integration considerations to determine appropriate technology solutions for internal and external customers. Designs, evaluates, codes, configures, tests and documents applications based on system and user requirements
- Responsible for preparing design documentation.
- Analyzes business needs and creates, defines software solutions including custom developed and off the shelf software.
- Evaluates and recommends software and hardware solutions to meet user needs.
- Resolves customer issues with software solutions and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Interacts with business users, I/T, vendors and customers to define current and future application requirements.
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of application programming and analysis. Strong Object-oriented programming skills
- Strong software engineering skills, thorough understanding of software development lifecycle and methodologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Should be able to work in global development environment
- Self-starter, proactive, good team player, should possess exceptional commitment towards success of the team, and should have excellent crisis management skills.
Essential Requirements: Senior Principal Software Engineer - IT (I9) - Cloud / Microservices Architecture
- 12+ years of experience in software application development.
- 6 + years of experience on building microservices and hosting on cloud.
- Possesses Hands-on experience in designing & developing microservices based architecture. Good knowledge and expertise on infrastructure architecture, web application architecture, data architecture, integration architecture
- Demonstrate deep engineering and architectural expertise on Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Implement Domain Driven Design concepts for designing Micro-services and APIs
- Architect and Design high performance, scalable and secure cloud native and hybrid cloud applications, APIs and Microservices with Spring Boot
- Use Cloud design best practices and design patterns such as CQRS, Event Sourcing, Valet Key, etc. to build highly scalable solutions
- Implement containerized microservice solutions with Kubernetes and Docker
- Integrate Identity management and modern authentication and authorization protocols such as OpenIdConnect, OAuth 2.0 etc.
- Should have broad experience in Relational and NoSQL databases, messaging, integration, caching, identity and access management, DevOps.
- Provide technical thought leadership, publish Point of views, whitepapers and guide teams of engineers to follow the same.
- Should showcase large scale enterprise projects where the candidate has designed & delivered end-to-end cloud native implementation.
- Should be able to review the code and provide design guidance and best practices to engineers.
- Proven overall Architecture and Design skills and able to find creative scalable solutions to complex problems.
- Experienced hands-on developer with deep Technical Knowledge who can provide technical leadership and deals well with ambiguity.
- Mentor senior software engineers within their domain to ensure strong architecture and technical best practices are followed.
- Collaborate with business and technical stakeholders within and outside our division to implement modernized and sustainable technology roadmaps.
- Collaborate with Enterprise & Solutions Architects across the division to ensure standardized, high quality, architecturally sound tactical implementations.
- Deep knowledge of Data structures, Algorithms, APIs, and Designing for performance, scalability, and availability.
- Strong experience in building and maintaining distributed systems across the full lifecycle including concept, design, implementation, testing, and operations.
- Self-directed with strong sense of ownership, excellent communication skills, and capable of working effectively in a dynamic environment.
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Spring Boot, Angular
- NoSQL Data Stores - Mongo DB, Elasticsearch
- Relational Datastores - Oracle, MemSql
- Kubernetes and Docker
- Familiarity with Agile/SCRUM/XP development methodologies and software development lifecycle principles
- Experience in working as part of Product teams in Product based organizations is preferred.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It's how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here (http://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/uscorp1/corp-comm/cr-equal-employment-opportunity?c=us&l=en&s=corp&cs=uscorp1) .Apply for this job