Driving, while being a regular task for some, can be a full time profession. Drivers can choose to work for private companies, individuals, or for government organizations. A driver also has the option of working for oneself by operating a personal taxi service to transport people from one place to another.
Drivers transport goods and people from one destination to another and can travel over thousands of kilometers a month, if they carry goods to different parts of the country. They are expected to put in long hours of work, especially if they travel interstate, supplying goods or transporting people to different locations.
A driver must be reliable, trustworthy and hardworking as it involves working on holidays and weekends as well with regular nightshifts being a part of the job. One can choose between driving goods as a lorry driver or as a bus driver that transports people.
- A driver has to collect goods from one location and deliver them at another location
- Deciding the drop-points and the most suitable route
- Transporting goods or people on time at the right addresses
- Recording mileage and updating delivery time tables
- Undelivered items to be returned to warehouses