An event manager must possess the requisite skills for project management to host and organize different events for clients, companies or businesses. They have the overall responsibility of running the entire show from its planning stages to its logistics and successful staging of the event while ensuring that the program receives positive media feedback and is made memorable for those who attend it
An event manager has to undertake the responsibility of organizing events of all sizes from a few for corporate houses, fundraising affairs, product promotions or even community events. They need to have excellent managerial skills with exceptional co-ordination skills to manage volunteers and those involved in different aspects of the event.
An event manager may be on the payrolls of a corporate house or an organization or could be tied up with an event management company or even work as a freelancer for clients. They generally specialize in a specific area which could be fundraising, conferences or weddings.
• Ensuring that the objective and purpose of organizing an event is met
• Finding suitable venues and creating the overall plan as well as coordinating between suppliers and volunteers
• Supervising all the tasks and ensuring that they work in sync
• Making certain that the event stays within budget and tasks are completed by the deadline
• Ensuring that all public safety and health issues are met