The bank manager holds the responsibility of ensuring that a branch performs efficiently and the day to day banking activities are carried out successfully. He / She is responsible for the smooth operations of the bank and bringing in more customers. The bank manager must be a dynamic individual who can lead the bank’s operations efficiently. Since the job profile involves leading and managing the day to day activities at the bank, the individual must have excellent communication skills and numerical abilities.
The role of a bank manager has often been stereotyped as a conservative boss; however, the changing times have added more job responsibilities and dynamism in terms of motivating the bank staff to achieve the performance targets and ensuring increased customer satisfaction.
The bank manager is responsible for monitoring sales targets, ensuring high quality customer service, promoting the bank’s products and services, improving business performance and resolving customer issues. The bank manager is also responsible for reporting the bank’s performance to the head office and taking decisions related to the bank’s performance.
• People management and relationship management skills
• Dynamic leadership capabilities and excellent communication skills
• Numerical abilities and financial management skills
• Knowledge of and the ability to handle risks and compliance issues
• Marketing skills and problem solving abilities